Monday 4 July 2011

Let get this thing going

Hello and welcome to The JRPG reviewer blog.

My name Anna and I have no idea why I'm doing this. On whim ive decided to go through my libary of games and it kind of shocked me to find that every single game that I have played in my life time either came from kawai-desu land (AKA Japan for all you people who have never set foot on 4chan or Deviant art) or were forced upon me by my brother and his violent tastes. So I thought "Hey wouldn't it be fun If I reviewed these and told the whole world how horrible some of these overly cutesy colorful games are?". And then it hit me, a blog sounds like a good fun idea that I can use to waste my time on his summer before I have to go back to my internet blocked college. So here I am finally getting of my lazy butt and reviewing games.

EVERY SINGLE GAME I will review will be a Japanese Role Playing Game. They will range from Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, and on occasions I will bring up a retro game from the good ol  PS1.

No Wii/PS3/PS2 games though, sorry I don't really have access to them. But trust me, theres enough titles on the systems above to fill this blog up.

Most of the review will be from my perspective(as all game reviews are) and I will base them on the following category:

Graphics
-Japan is all about making the newest and best thing so good graphics are a MUST in this franchise.

Characters
-Do they want to make you rip your hair out or do they have relevance?

Story
-Since most JRPGs are based around story it must have a good strong one to pull in a gamer.
Mechanics:
-The battle system, the camera, how the games plays pretty much

Sound:
-The voice acting and the music mostly

Lasting appeal
-Does it keep the gamers attention

Overall
-You get the picture     

Each category will be out of 10 points and the final score will be out of 50. Seems fair right?

I'm pretty much a beginner at this so I'd appreciate any tips but nothing yet! I still have to write my first review.

I'll see you all soon.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment